Workplace Training Program
For Job Seekers
Are you currently unemployed and lacking the skills you need to be successful in your job search? We can provide you with:
- Job matching with an employer
- On-the-job training
- Supplementary Training as required (First Aid, H2S, Sage 50, Bookkeeping, for example)
Are you eligible?
- You must be able to work a minimum of 30 hours/week
- You must require additional training to help you be successful in your job
- You must be on EI, or had and EI claim in the past 5 years, or have earned more than $2000 in EI insurable earnings and paid premiums on those earnings in at least 5 of the last 10 years.
If you are unsure of your eligibility, we can do an evaluation for you!
Are you looking for a new employee? Are you worried they may not have the skills required to be successful in their job? Workplace Training may be just what you need!
- You provide on the job training
- We provide the supplementary courses the trainee may need, at no cost to you, up to a maximum of $7000.00.
- We provide a wage subsidy, of up to $390 per week to a maximum of $3000.00
What is required:
- Employee must be full time (30 hours per week or more)
- You must continue to employ the trainee after completion of the Workplace Training Program
We would work together to create a training plan to fill in the gaps in the skills, specific to the individual. Workplace Training is to a maximum of 10 weeks.
This program is available in Edson, Hinton and Grande Cache
There is a limited number of spaces for this program, so contact us soon if you would like to get involved.